> IBM is focusing the iSeries on Linux/Unix/Java.

That statement would be more correct if the word "is"
were changed to "was".  More recently, IBM has drawn
renewed attention to the distinctively native
capabilities of the iSeries platform.

> That leaves iSeries/Windows shops no choice
> but either convert to Linux/Java or migrate
> to .NET/iSeries.

To my knowledge, IBM has never advocated the migration
of iSeries applications to Wintel platforms, which you
are advocating, and as far as choices are concerned,
you can add a large number of alternatives from IBM
and its business partners which utilize the iSeries as
an application server, as opposed to merely a database
server.

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/