That's the way I thought it worked. But I wasn't sure.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

             Joel Cochran
             <jrc@xxxxxxxxxx>
             rpg400-l-bounces@         RPG programming on the AS400 /
             midrange.com              iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             05/26/2005 04:06                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: Using Javamail w/RPG

             Please respond to
              RPG programming
              on the AS400 /
                  iSeries
             <rpg400-l@midrang
                  e.com>

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 12:15, MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I've had those experiences with just about every instance of using Java.
> This brings up a question. In an ILE environment, is the JVM associated
> with the job or the activation group?

If I understood what Jon Paris was saying on Monday, then the JVM
actually belongs to the job, so subsequent start-ups should be much
faster.

Joel Cochran
http://www.rpgnext.com

> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> Mark D. Walter
> Senior Programmer/Analyst
> CCX, Inc.
> mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.ccxinc.com
>

>              RPower@xxxxxxxxxx

>              Sent by:

>              rpg400-l-bounces@
>              midrange.com              RPG programming on the AS400 /

>                                        iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc
>              05/26/2005 05:40

>              AM
Subject
>                                        Re: Using Javamail w/RPG

>              Please respond to

>               RPG programming

>               on the AS400 /

>                   iSeries

>              <rpg400-l@midrang

>                   e.com>

> One thing I noticed about the javamail programs though is the initial
> setting up of the classpath and the first time run, it's a tad slow, but
> after that's been successfully intiated (STRMAIL) it's almost
> instantaneous.  So, if it's a batch job, you're better off leaving the
> classpaths open until processing is finalized then using the CLSMAIL once
> you are completely done.  Interactive jobs, I usually kick off the
STRMAIL
> before they are ready to use it, and it's almost seamless.
>
> Ron Power
> Programmer
> Information Services
> City Of St. John's, NL
> P.O. Box 908
> St. John's, NL
> A1C 5M2
> Tel: 709-576-8132
> Email: rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
> Website: http://www.stjohns.ca/

> Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
> Sir Winston Churchill
>

> MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 25/05/2005 04:54 PM
> Please respond to
> RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Using Javamail w/RPG
>

> Ron,
>
> That did it. Thanks a bunch.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> Mark D. Walter
> Senior Programmer/Analyst
> CCX, Inc.
> mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.ccxinc.com
>

>              RPower@xxxxxxxxxx
>              Sent by:
>              rpg400-l-bounces@
>
>              midrange.com              RPG programming on the AS400 /
>                                        iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

>              05/25/2005 12:27
>              PM
Subject

>                                        Re: Using Javamail w/RPG
>
>              Please respond to
>               RPG programming
>               on the AS400 /
>                   iSeries
>              <rpg400-l@midrang
>                   e.com>
>

> This is the properties file that we have setup here.
>
> email.hosttype=mail.smtp.host
> email.hostname=citysmtp
> email.localhosttype=mail.smtp.localhost
> email.localhostname=csjtest
>
> The email.hostname is the name of your mail server.
> The email.localhostname is the name of the as/400 running the program.
> Note that these must be able to talk to each other on the network.  ie.
> Ping your mail server from your localhost as/400 and if you get a
response
> it should be fine.
>
> Ron Power
> Programmer
> Information Services
> City Of St. John's, NL
> P.O. Box 908
> St. John's, NL
> A1C 5M2
> Tel: 709-576-8132
> Email: rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
> Website: http://www.stjohns.ca/

> Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
> Sir Winston Churchill
>

> MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 25/05/2005 04:16 PM
> Please respond to
> RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Using Javamail w/RPG
>

> Yea, I figured such. I'm just wondering about routes or anything else
> going
> on under the covers of SMTP.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark
>
> Mark D. Walter
> Senior Programmer/Analyst
> CCX, Inc.
> mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.ccxinc.com
>

>              rob@xxxxxxxxx
>              Sent by:
>              rpg400-l-bounces@
>
>              midrange.com              RPG programming on the AS400 /
>                                        iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

>              05/25/2005 02:42
>              PM
Subject

>                                        Re: Using Javamail w/RPG
>
>              Please respond to
>               RPG programming
>               on the AS400 /
>                   iSeries
>              <rpg400-l@midrang
>                   e.com>
>

> Shot from the hip - but I suspect that the Javamail program couldn't give
> a tinkers dam about WRKNAMSMTP.  Isn't Javamail supposed to be platform
> independent?  If so, I don't recall a WRKNAMSMTP command in Windows, or
my
> extremely limited knowledge of Linux.
>
> Rob Berendt
> --
> Group Dekko Services, LLC
> Dept 01.073
> PO Box 2000
> Dock 108
> 6928N 400E
> Kendallville, IN 46755
> http://www.dekko.com
>

> MWalter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 05/25/2005 01:32 PM
> Please respond to
> RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Using Javamail w/RPG
>

> I'm having a problem using the Javamail program w/RPG.
>
> I used Mr. Zhang's example, and wrapped the calls into a service program.
> The return code is saying that the Send Mail Completed Normally, but the
> mail is not delivered. I'm wonder about the Javamail.properties file.
What