From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Douglas W. Palme
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 3:56 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Need some help with a report

I have been moving along in my feeble attempt to gain as much rpg
knowledge as I can get, however I have a report that I need to produce
that has been giving me fits for four days and if anyone can provide any
assistance I would appreciate it.

I will post the source below.  I have a logical file which contains
branch
(location) id, customer number, stock numbers, and each record is
equivalent to one line item from our sales.  It is keyed by ilninv#a
(location id), ilnsoldto (customer number) and ilnstk (stock number), it
also has a range restriction on it for line items related to this fiscal
year.  I am attempting to print out one detail line with the sum of
sales and costs for each stock number and customer number, with a page
break when the location id changes.

So far, every time I run the report it spits out over a 1,000 pages and
has produced as many as 89,000 pages....it appears to keep printing the
same header file over and over again.....

Any help, pointers or suggestions would be appreciated.

Douglas

'***********************************************************************
***
     '*       ORIGINAL DATE:           05/11/2005
     '*       APPLICATION NAME:        BRANCH MARGIN REPORT
     '*       PROGRAM NAME:            BRCHMARRPT
HEADING
     '*                                3. READ RECORDS INTO TOTALS
     '*                                4. BREAK ON STK NO, CUST NO AND

THE
     '*                                   BRANCH LOCATION

'***********************************************************************
***
     '*       LOG            OF             MODIFICATIONS
     '*
     '*       DATE                PGMR           DESCRIPTION

'*----------------------------------------------------------------------
---
     '*       /  /

'***********************************************************************
***
     '*       FUNCTION OF INDICATORS
     '*
     '*       IND                      FUNCTION

'*----------------------------------------------------------------------
---
     '*       99                       OFLIND INDICATOR
     '*       INLR                     LAST RECORD INDICATOR

'***********************************************************************
***
     '*       SUBROUTINE INDEX

'***********************************************************************
***
     '*       PRTHEADING - PRINT HEADING SUB ROUTINE
     '*       BRCHLOOKUP - BRANCH LOOKUP SUB ROUTINE

'***********************************************************************
***
     '*       FILES

'***********************************************************************
***
     FCUSTMLF   IF   E           K DISK
     FBRCHMARGINIF   E           K DISK
     FBRCHMARLSTO    E             PRINTER OFLIND(*IN99)

'***********************************************************************
***
     '*       STANDALONE VARIABLES

'***********************************************************************
***
     DDBRANCH          S             20A
     DDBRANCHID        S              2A
     DDSTOCKNO         S             20A
     DDDESC            S             24A
     DDCUSTNO          S              9S 0
     DDTSALES          S             12S 2
     DDTCOST           S             12S 2
     DDMARGIN          S             12S 2
     DDPCT             S              4S 3

'***********************************************************************
***
     '*       MAINLINE

'***********************************************************************
***
     '*       READ THE FIRST RECORD IN THE FILE AND WRITE DATA TO
VARIABLES

'***********************************************************************
***
     C                   READ      BRANCH
      *       COPY DATA TO HOLDING AREA
     C                   EVAL      DBRANCHID = ILNINV#A
     C                   EVAL      DCUSTNO = ILNSOLDTO
     C                   EVAL      DSTOCKNO = ILNSTK
     C                   DOW       NOT %EOF(BRCHMARGIN)
     C                   IF        ILNINV#A = DBRANCHID
     C                   IF        ILNSOLDTO = DCUSTNO
     C                   IF        ILNSTK = DSTOCKNO
     C                   EVAL      DTSALES = DTSALES + ILNEPRICE
     C                   EVAL      DTCOST = DTCOST + ILNEUAVCST
     C                   ELSE
     C                   EXSR      PRTDETAIL
     C                   ENDIF
     C                   ELSE
     C                   EXSR      PRTDETAIL
     C                   ENDIF
     C                   ELSE
     C                   EXSR      PRTDETAIL
     C                   EVAL      *IN99 = *ON
     C                   ENDIF
     C                   READ      BRANCH
     C                   ENDDO
     C                   EVAL      *INLR = *ON
     C                   RETURN

**
     '*       PRINT HEADINGS SUB-ROUTINE

'***********************************************************************
***
     C     PRTHEADING    BEGSR
     C                   EXSR      BRCHLOOKUP
     C                   EVAL      PRTBRANCH = DBRANCH
     C                   WRITE     HEADINGS
     C                   EVAL      *IN99 = *OFF
     C                   ENDSR

'***********************************************************************
***
     '*       BRANCH LOOKUP SUB-ROUTINE

'***********************************************************************
***
     C     BRCHLOOKUP    BEGSR
     C                   SELECT
     C                   WHEN      DBRANCHID = 'D '
     C                   EVAL      DBRANCH = 'DECATUR'
     C                   WHEN      DBRANCHID = 'A '
     C                   EVAL      DBRANCH = 'ALL COMPANY'
     C                   WHEN      DBRANCHID = 'J '
     C                   EVAL      DBRANCH = 'JACKSONVILLE'
     C                   WHEN      DBRANCHID = 'Q '
     C                   EVAL      DBRANCH = 'QUINCY'
     C                   WHEN      DBRANCHID = 'B '
     C                   EVAL      DBRANCH = 'RIVER BEND'
     C                   WHEN      DBRANCHID = 'S '
     C                   EVAL      DBRANCH = 'SPRINGFIELD'
     C                   WHEN      DBRANCHID = 'M '
     C                   EVAL      DBRANCH = 'MATTOON'
     C                   WHEN      DBRANCHID = 'V '
     C                   EVAL      DBRANCH = 'MOUNT VERNON'
     C                   WHEN      DBRANCHID = 'N '
     C                   EVAL      DBRANCH = 'PONTIAC'
     C                   WHEN      DBRANCHID = 'L '
     C                   EVAL      DBRANCH = 'LITCHFIELD'
     C                   ENDSL
     C                   ENDSR

'***********************************************************************
***
     '*       PRINT DETAIL SUB-ROUTINE

'***********************************************************************
***
     C     PRTDETAIL     BEGSR

     '*       WRITE DATA TO VARIABLES AND MAKE NECESSARY CALCULATIONS

     C                   IF        DTSALES = 0
     C                   ELSE
     C                   EVAL      DMARGIN = DTSALES - DTCOST
     C                   EVAL      DPCT = DMARGIN / DTSALES
     C                   EVAL      PRTCUSTNO = DCUSTNO
     C                   EVAL      PRTBRANCH = DBRANCH
     C                   EVAL      PRTSTKNO = DSTOCKNO
     C                   EVAL      PRTDESC = DDESC
     C                   EVAL      PRTSALES = DTSALES
     C                   EVAL      PRTCOST = DTCOST
     C                   EVAL      PRTMARGIN = DMARGIN
     C                   EVAL      PRTPCT = DPCT
     C                   WRITE     DETAIL
     C                   EVAL      DTSALES = ILNEPRICE
     C                   EVAL      DTCOST = ILNEUAVCST
     C                   EVAL      DBRANCHID = ILNINV#A
     C                   EVAL      DCUSTNO = ILNSOLDTO
     C                   EVAL      DSTOCKNO = ILNSTK
     C                   EVAL      DMARGIN = 0
     C                   EVAL      DPCT = 0
     C                   ENDIF
     C                   IF        *IN99 = *ON
     C                   EXSR      PRTHEADING
     C                   EVAL      *IN99 = *OFF
     C                   ENDIF
     C                   ENDSR

***