Krish,

I would not swap the profile for the user of the job (unless you are
doing this at a server exit or to support something like a Web
application server). Instead, I would swap the group or supplemental
groups. Supplemental group swaps are not well supported before V5R2.

David Morris

>>> krishnithya@xxxxxxxxx 05/05/05 10:32 AM >>>
Great article and it was very informative. Looking at using this API
in my daily usage, i had a couple of question that i was hoping to get
cleared. I was thinking that this API might be usefule with regards to
getting an application SOX complaint. (Has anyone done that?)

If i create a user profile that owns my application and has all access
rights to the application, and *PUBLIC is set to *EXCLUDE, i was
thinking i could use the API to switch a users profile after logging
in to the user profile that owns the application.

One problem that i see that leads to my question with this approach is
:

How do i determine the user that logged in and is trying to use the
application?

For example User JOE logged in and i switched his user profile to
MASTER  I might want to update my database with the  information that
JOE performed the updates instead of updating the tables with the
information that MASTER performed the updates.

Does the PSDS user change with this API ?  Would the application
recognize the actual user who signed on to the iSEries or will it see
the user to whose profile i switched to ?

On 5/4/05, Shannon ODonnell <sodonnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's an article I wrote awhile back on this topic:  Swapping AS/400
User