It's a home grown application that lets me keep track of business assets for the King County, Washington Personal Property Taxes. Personal Property Taxes apply to businesses only and are based on your business assets such as telephones, computers, packaged software, professional books, furniture, office machines, building improvements, etc. They require tracking the assets by year purchased with costs including freight and installation, but not sales tax. No state income tax here, so they get it from you some other way.

When the spreadsheet got too complicated, I created the application to help me fill out their paper work and to learn a little about creating SQL tables.