Hello Greg,

FGE> I'm trying to figure out how to display a screen without requiring the
FGE> program to wait for a response.

FGE> The idea is to display "Processing...please wait" while a program is
FGE> called to process data, then returns a few seconds later with results to
FGE> display.

FGE> I found something on this topic in the archives, but unfortunately it
FGE> was only a discussion of whether it would be better to use SNDPGMMSG or
FGE> display a whole screen.  I would prefer the latter, but don't know how
FGE> to go about it.

FGE> Any suggestions ?

FGE> Greg Fleming

FGE> Programmer/Analyst

FGE> Everglades Direct, Inc.

FGE> 720 International Parkway

FGE> Sunrise, FL 33325

FGE> 954.514.2258

FGE> 954.851.1201 Fax

FGE> gfleming@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have something like this. PGM is called before process data. Its
displaying window with message: "JOB IN PROGRESS". You Can add another
information to display on this window.

---CUT---
FWAITWIN  CF  E                    WORKSTN
 *
I* LDA
I/COPY NCRPG,HCY001
I* DATE
I/COPY NCRPG,HCY002
I* COMMON
I/COPY NCRPG,HCY900
C*----------------------------------------------------*
C* KEY LIST
C*----------------------------------------------------*
C           *NAMVAR   DEFN *LDA      DSLDA
C                     IN   DSLDA
C*
C                     WRITEDSP21
C   99                READ DSP21                    99
C*
C                     SETON                     LR
C                     RETRN
---CUT---

and

DSPF

---CUT---
A                                      DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3)
A*---------------------------------------------------------------*
A          R DSP21
A*%%TS  SD  19991026  110804  KME05       REL-V4R5M0  5769-PW1
A                                      KEEP
A                                      OVERLAY
A                                  9 26'***************************'
A                                 10 26'*'
A                                 10 30'JOB IN PROGRESS'
A                                      COLOR(BLU)
A                                 10 52'*'
A                                 11 26'*'
A            #PGID         10A  O 11 34
A                                 11 52'*'
A                                 12 26'*'
A                                 12 33'WAIT!'
A                                 12 33'WAIT!'
A                                      DSPATR(BL)
A                                 12 39'.......'
A                                      COLOR(PNK)
A                                 12 52'*'
---CUT---

--
Pozdrawiam/Best Regards,
 Tomasz Chojecki                          mailto:tomasz.chojecki@xxxxxxxxxx

Musiałeś/aś czekać na moją odpowiedź: 13 minut 6 sekund.
Doręczenie twojej wiadomości trwało: 5 minut 2 sekund.