From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
fkany@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 8:55 AM
To: RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Embedded SQL Problem

The program still won't execute report #2.  When it trys to execute the SQL
statements for report #2, the program bombs and gives me some kind of SQL
dump that doesn't make any kind of sense.  It's nothing like a program
dump.

Each subprocedure has multiple PREPARE & EXECUTE statements that run 1
after the other with no problems, but as soon as the program trys to
process report #2, the program crashes.

If anyone can help figure out what's going on, I'd appreciate it.  Here's
what's happening so far:
Screen 1: User selects the reports they would like to print(Report 1,
Report 2, or Report 3)

<Enter Pressed>

(SQL RPG Program Begins)

If Report 1
callp PRCS_REPORT1
ENDIF

If Report 2
callp PRCS_REPORT2
ENDIF

If Report3
callp PRCS_REPORT3
ENDIF

start PRCS_REPORT1
SQLSTRING = 'DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE.......'
/EXEC SQL
      PREPARE SQLCMD FROM :SQLSTRING
      EXECUTE SQLCMD
/END-EXEC
end PRCS_REPORT1

start PRCS_REPORT2
SQLSTRING = 'DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE.......'
/EXEC SQL
      PREPARE SQLCMD FROM :SQLSTRING
      EXECUTE SQLCMD
/END-EXEC
end PRCS_REPORT2

start PRCS_REPORT3
SQLSTRING = 'DECLARE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE.......'
/EXEC SQL
      PREPARE SQLCMD FROM :SQLSTRING
      EXECUTE SQLCMD
/END-EXEC
end PRCS_REPORT3

*INZSR BEGSR
C/EXEC SQL
C+ Set Option
C+     Naming    = *Sys,
C+     Commit    = *None,
C+     UsrPrf    = *User,
C+     DynUsrPrf = *User,
C+     Datfmt    = *iso,
C+     CloSqlCsr = *EndMod,
C+     Commit    = *none
C/END-EXEC
ENDSR

(SQL RPG Program Ends)

I can run Report 1, 2, or 3 one at a time with no problems, but if I select
all 3 reports to print, the 1st report will print, but the program crashes
on the 2nd report.  Am I missing an SQL statement anywhere?  I'm only using
PREPARE and EXECUTE.

Thanks,

Frank