Mike,

You had me stumped for a minute.  Then I stepped back and restudied your
situation.

First of all, try using this utility to test access to your ldap:
http://www.ldapadministrator.com/download/index.php?PHPSESSID=5d0ff41a37ba6f8ffc3d4148e779d54b

Verify that the user and password that you enter, to bind to the ldap and
be able to do searches, work.  Verify that you even need a user id and a
password.

Now, once you've done that, verify that these lines of code apply to your
situation:
     D LOGIN_ACCT      C                   'cn=Administrator'
     D LOGIN_PASSWD    C                   'keepwishing'
The bind is working spot on.  Until you mucked with the ip address it was
telling you that something was wrong with your credentials.  That leads me
to believe it was the above.  Don't you think so?

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

"Smith, Mike" <Mike_Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
04/22/2005 07:10 AM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Ldap Query

Ok, I'm still confused on the init.  From Scott's message I understand
that I should receive a pointer back on the init regardless.  But I have
noticed that changing
ld= ldap_init(xxx.xxx.x.xx:LDAP_PORT) to
Ld= ldap_init(xxx.xxx.xx.x:LDAP_PORT)
Will give me a different error on the Bind.  I go from 'Invalid
credentials' to 'Can't contact Ldap Server'.

So is something else happening with the INIT besides creating a new copy
of the data structure?

Michael Smith
iSeries.mySeries.