Ya, sounds like  longshot to me too.  I would think if it
were doing that, then that would mean RPG isn't as "safe"
as we thought.

Like I said, all variables are declared as standalone, and
LR is set on once the app is complete.  so I would think
any memory that is used in the Java app would be fine.

So to me, either sounds like some obscure OS/JVM issue, or
a bug in the Java code where it's reusing memory without
"resetting" it.. or reinitializing it.

Seems to work fine the first call (when the JVM is
initiated) but after that... problems, but only following a
call to my app.

Brad