Sudha/list,

Would I have to use the following CREATE FUNCTION statements before the SELECT
statement?

/EXEC SQL

CREATE FUNCTION myfun1 (DEC (1,0), DEC (1,0))
RETURNS DEC (1,0)

CREATE FUNCTION myfun2 (DEC (1,0), DEC (1,0))
RETURNS DEC (1,0)

/END-EXEC

Thanks,

Frank

Frank,
I suggest a function for returning fld1/fld2 and you would call it as a
field in the sql. (BTW, The function can return only one value.)
HTH.
Thanks,
Sudha

 'SELECT myfun1(FHDDAT, FHPUDT) as FLD1, ' +
                ' myfun2((FHDDAT, FHPUDT) as FLD2, ' +
                FHOT, FHPRO, FHDT, FHDDAT, FHDTIM, FHDADT, ' +
      'FHPUDT, FHSCD, FHCCD, FHCCT, FHCST, FHCZIP ' +
 'FROM FRL00144 WHERE FHDDAT >= ' + %CHAR(FDATE)    +
                ' AND FHDDAT <= ' + %CHAR(TDATE)    +
                ' AND FHDT   <> ' + %CHAR(NUM#OT1)  +
                ' AND FHOT   =  ' + %CHAR(NUM#OT1)  +
                ' AND FHDT   =  ' + %CHAR(NUM#ODT)  +