The following is copied from CL Programming Chapter 8. Working with Message

The QSYSMSG message queue is an optional queue that you can create in the QSYS library. If it exists and is not damaged, certain messages are directed to it instead of, or in addition to, the QSYSOPR message queue. This allows a user-written program to gain control when certain messages are sent. You should not create the QSYSMSG queue unless you want it to receive specific messages.

Enter the following command to create the QSYSMSG queue:

CRTMSGQ  QSYS/QSYSMSG +
        TEXT('Optional MSGQ to receive specific system messages')

======
the CPF1393 was sent to QSYSMSGQ, you could monitor QSYSMSGQ to get the message by using sample stated in the CL Programming manual

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/books/c415721512.htm <http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/books/c415721512.htm>
or
reference
ADMINISTRATOR
*DASD failure notification*
Keith A. Kerlin
http://search400.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid3_gci934241,00.html <http://search400.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid3_gci934241,00.html>

Best regards,

Vengoal

Tony Carolla ??:

We have a user profile (ADMIN) that is the administrator of the PC domain. There is one PC that copies a few web pages out of a folder on the iSeries, onto our PC web server. We have simply scheduled a job on the Win2K box to do COPY commands from our iSeries. The PC server is signed on to windows with profile ADMIN, so we created a profile on the AS/400 called ADMIN, with the same password. Beautiful...

But sometimes (usually early in the month), the ADMIN profile gets disabled, with a CPF1393 message (device of *N). Nobody is supposed to be using this profile, and since no device error comes up, it isn't caused by somebody trying to sign on as ADMIN...

So my question is: When I look at the CPF1393 message, is there an API that I can utilize (using RPG) to find out what IP address disabled the profile. Is there a way to 'hack' into the QZSOSIGN job and see where the offending box is that keeps disabling this?