ya.  I probably should have use array instead of multi DS.
As you and Scott indicated, the "hidden mods cursor" is probably the cause of
the problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Steve Richter
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:02 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: Passing multi occurrence DS pointer to procedure - Data
outofalignment

Lim,
 Isnt a mult occur data struct composed of both the table of data and a
floating cursor that iterates the occurances in the table? If so, maybe
debug is sometimes showing the hidden mods cursor, other times it is giving
the address of the table itself.
 have you tried dim(12) instead of occurs(12)?
 -Steve