I would rewrite the data to an XML document, then use a Web Service to
transmit the data to Microsoft SQL Server on a Wintel box.  I would then
query the data from MSSQL using a Type 4 JDBC driver.  I'd write the
results to a temporary file, then run the program, which would just load
the temporary file and read the data!

Yeah!!!!

I WIN!!!!

Joe

P.S. I'd probably use SQL, but if it was a small dataset and relatively
static, I might consider arrays and QSORT.