Doug:

<snip>
I thought about creating a logical file for each salesman in customer
order
but maintenance would be heavy, as each time we add a new salesman I
have to
create a new logical file and then modify the code.

I suppose I could create a logical joined file with the pertinent info
and
then key in on the salesman and then customer, but I am not sure if that
is
the best answer.

I am open ears to anyone with any suggestions :)
</snip>

Be careful what you ask for...you just might get it!   ;-)

I don't know the layout of your file, but I don't see why you'd need to
create a new logical every time you add a salesman.  If the key to the
file is CUSTOMER/SALESMAN, then your data records could be retrieved by
doing a SETLL for the Customer/Salesman combination specified and do a
READE to retrieve ONLY the records for that combination.  If you want a
different salesman, clear the subfile and repeat the process with the
new Customer/Salesman combo.  One LF should be all that you need.

Am I missing something?

--Bruce Guetzkow