From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Fisher, Don
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 3:28 PM
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: RE: IBM's RPG Strategy (was: Long Procedure Names)

The /Free and /End-free don't bother me too much, but it would be nice if
the free-form code could exist in columns 1 through 7 and didn't have to
stop at column 80.  Why have the tags if I'm still limited to the same space
as the fixed-format code?

Donald R. Fisher, III
Project Manager
Roomstore Furniture Company
(804) 784-7600 extension 2124
DFisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<clip>
99% of what bugs me would be dealt with by simply having the compiler
recognize that if cols 6 and 7 are blank - then it is free form.  No /Free
and
no annoying /End-Free at the end of the main line and every subprocedure.
It
is not the fixed form D and F that really annoy me - it is the in-an-out of
/Free.
<clip>