Charles,

I was thinking the same thing this morning as I was driving to work.  We
are currently at V5R1 on this box and plan to upgrade in July to V5R3 but I
could well have another use for this routine in the mean time.  This is my
first attempt at attaching procedures.  I seem to remember a post that said
to get started use procedures in place of subroutines.  Once I see that
it's working as part of the main program (a subprocedure?) I will try to
break it out into its own module (a service program?).  Don't worry, I
won't throw the opportunity away.

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      "Wilt, Charles"

                      <CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxx        To:       RPG programming on
the AS400 / iSeries
                      m>
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB
                      Sent by:                  cc:       (bcc: David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      rpg400-l-bounces@m        Subject:  RE: Adding a
procedure to an existing program
                      idrange.com

                      03/24/2005 08:23

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      RPG programming on

                      the AS400 /

                      iSeries

                      <rpg400-l@midrange

                      .com>

Dave,

You wouldn't want to copy the nomain line, otherwise yes that would work.

BUT, please reconsider.  This is a perfect example of a procedure that
should be in a service program.  Sure, you say you only need it this one
time, but unless you are upgrading to v5r3 next week, I'd be willing to bet
you'll need it again.

Even if you do upgrade, this may come in handy.

You are throwing away an excellent opportunity here.

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343
fax: 513-398-1121