hi there,
i suppose the only way to do this is to store the username and passwort
somewhere in cleartext.

the problem is, that the ftp "user" command wants the password in
cleartext.
and there is no way to extract the userpassword from the system in that
format (i'm glad there is no way :) ).

so i think you just can store the ftp passwords in some file and read
this in your cl to retrieve the password for the current user.

Thats the way i handle it in my ftp program.
every connection has its settings in my configfile.
when you want to transmit something, you just say what connection to
use.
of course this is no program an enduser should use.
its an service job, that runs all 10 mins to send and retrieve data the
way its configured in the configfile.

- Martin

Am 21.03.2005 um 20:48 Uhr haben Sie geschrieben:
> I've got my own wrappers for the validation list APIs in the xTools...
but
> what I really wanted was an automated way to transmit or assume the
FTP user