<snip>
> How is 10I0 more clear than 4I0
> Vs.
> 32I 0
> ???
</snip>

I think the crux here is that these binary fields don't conform to the
way that other numeric types are coded.  A 6S0 is so named because you
can fit six digits, _any_ six digits inside.  From a casual glance,
one would assume that a 4I 0 would hold four digits.  At the same
time, a 10I 0 won't hold _any_ ten digits, it will hold ten.  But this
is at least closer to the RPG way of specifications.  I guess a 4I0
can hold any four bytes, but not digits.

If we started D-spec'ing based on storage taken, then what about
packed?  shouldn't a 5P 0 be a  3P 0 -- three bytes are used.

--
"Enter any 11-digit prime number to continue..."