Barbara,
I probably need more help on this debugging java which could be quite
useful to me.  Here is how my test works.

My clle sets environment variable and calls rpgle that calls java. My
Java class has nothing but super() and the method does everying. I do
the strsrvjob and strdbg on rpgle each time below and I have the
following results:

- I have java class created & debug break points added in WDSC and
exported to iSeries. - stops only in RPGLE doesn't stop during debug to
set up break points.  I cannot add class to debug since the package name
is com.sud.test.MyClass which is too long.

- I put the java source under /junk/com/sud/test/MyClass and compiled
form qsh using javac -g. Add DEBUGSOURCEPATH variable to '/junk'- stops
only in RPGLE and I still cannot add the break points due to the long
package name that won't fit in F14 of rpgle debug.

- I changed package name to test, and put the java source under
/junk/test/MyClass and compiled using javac -g. Add DEBUGSOURCEPATH
variable to '/junk' - stops in RPLGE, but I can now add the test.MyClass
and I can see the source and add break points.  But when I run, it still
does not stop in java source.

Can you please help me find my mistake?
Thanks in advance,
Sudha