From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of rob@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2005 9:14 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: SQL grouping

I tried something like
SELECT Phone#, PhoneExt#,
 max(case when feat1 is null then feature else feat1 end)  as feat1,
 max(case when feat2 is null then feature else feat2 end)  as feat2,
 max(case when feat3 is null then feature else feat3 end)  as feat3
from rob/lim
group by phone#, phoneext#
order by phone#, phoneext#
Column FEAT3 not in specified tables.
And dropping the feat3 just bubbled up to FEAT2.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

"Lim Hock-Chai" <Lim.Hock-Chai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/14/2005 09:59 AM
Please respond to

"RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: SQL grouping

That works.  Thanks Tony.

It would be really neat if somebody can somehow figure out how to make
this work for unreasonable number of feature codes.