From: RPower@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:RPower@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2005 6:57 AM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: RE: Date field's and their file space usage.

Well,
Anyone using the 'sliding window' technique will have to do it all again
in 2040 if they don't convert over.  Boy did I get tired of writing:
If      Year > 40
Eval    Century_Bit = '1'
Else
Eval    Century_Bit = '0'
EndIf

Over and over and over.  Sigh.

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
Tel: 709-576-8132
Email: rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

"Bob Cozzi" <cozzi@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/01/2005 06:21 PM
Please respond to

"'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: Date field's and their file space usage.

I think all systems should handle only up to Dec 31, 2099 so that we have
Y2.1K problem and all of us get work during retirement.  Wait a minute...
I'll be long since dead by then... Let make it through 12/31/2019 before
we're needed again. <vbg> & <tic>