Now that I have created a few procedures, complete with prototype, service
program, binding directory.
Prototype:
      * Retreive ID# from SocSec
     D IDOF            PR             9P 0
     D InSSNo                         9P 0 Value

How used in RPGLE...
IdNo=IDOF(ss#)

Wth the following in the header rec...
DFTACTGRP(*NO) BNDDIR('DIRID')

I want to use it in a CLLE..

CALLPRC    PRC(idof) PARM(&IDSSN) RTNVAL(&Idn)

The CRTBNDCL command doesn't allow me to tie this to the binding directory..

Job Log...
      Message . . . . :  -    CRTBNDCL   PGM(SSN/CLA03505)
SRCFILE(SSN/QCLSRC)
      SRCMBR(CLA03505) DFTACTGRP(*NO) ACTGRP(*STGMDL)   REPLACE(*YES)

  00   01/04/05  14:33:55.760448  QSYCHONR     QSYS        05F0     QLIINSRT

    Message . . . . :   Ownership of object CLA03505 in QTEMP type *MODULE

      changed.

    Cause . . . . . :   The ownership of object CLA03505 in library QTEMP
type
      *MODULE has changed.

  30   01/04/05  14:33:56.618696  QBNBIND      QSYS        *STMT    QBNBIND

    From module . . . . . . . . :   QBNBSYMR

    From procedure  . . . . . . :   QBNBSYMR__UnresolvedReferenceIterator

    Statement . . . . . . . . . :   31

    To module . . . . . . . . . :   QBNBSYMR

   To procedure  . . . . . . . :   QBNBSYMR__SignalUnresolvedReferences

   Statement . . . . . . . . . :   8

   Message . . . . :   Definition not found for symbol 'IDOF'.

   Cause . . . . . :   No definition was found for reference IDOF in *MODULE

     object CLA03505 in library QTEMP. The definition either does not exist
or
     not of the same data or procedure type as the reference. Recovery  . .
.
     Try the Create Program (CRTPGM) command again, supplying an object that

     contains a definition for symbol IDOF.

Huh??

Wendy