I agree that poorly written code is hard to read no matter whether it is
in Free or Fixed.  Writing bad code in /Free will be harder to read than
good code written in fixed.  I do believe though, that good code written
in /Free is easier to read than good code written in fixed.  People who
write well-written fixed RPG use good line spacing between blocks of code.
 With /Free, you can do that AND indent the code, which improves it even
more.