I know I'm gonna sound like an old fart saying this, but I
have yet to move to /free.  I see no need since I feel I am
quite productive with fixed format.  I like free format,
don't get me wrong.  I've used it in a hundred other
langauges.  But, I stick with fixed for RPG for a while at
least.

Some reasons off the top of my head are:

1.  Backwards compatibility  (the need to compile to V4 or
even V3 in some cases for my software, articles, books,
etc)
2.  Other programming staff I work with may not be
comfortable with it
3.  It doesn't gain me any performance at run-time
4.  I can read fixed code just fine (well, MY fixed code...
I've seen ugly fixed code, but it's not as ugly as some of
the bad free format I've seen)

WDSC, well, I still haven't moved to that.  But got some
good info from George Farr's presentation a couple weeks
ago online (that it is a HIGH priority that IBM will
release an RPG only version of WDSC, without all of the
other clutter that isn't needed).

My thoughts on WDSC, for what little I know of it, is that
IBM should have simply written plugins for Eclipse instead
of "bastardizing" it with their own version.  Then I could
simply download a plugin for RPG and be done with it.  :)

But that's getting off topic.