Hi again Sudha,

Further to my last post:

1) Forget what I said about Ostermiller vs ostermiller. I see you can't
change this as you didn't create the jar file. (Just googled and found the
jar file on the net.)

2) Having had a quick look at the javadoc, If you want to display a web
resource via the command line using this Browser class then you should
create your own class. I'd suggest something like:

import com.Ostermiller.util.Browser;
import java.io.*;

public class CallBrowser {

if (args[0] != null) {

   try {

        // Initialise the Browser class...
        Browser.init();

        // Display the passed web page...
        Browser.displayURL(args[0]);

        // Catch the exception thrown by Browser.displayURL(String s)...
        } catch(IOException e) {
           System.err.println("Browser went bang");

        // Catch any other exceptions thrown within the try block...
        } catch(Exception e) {
           System.err.println("It ALL went bang");
        } // end try...

   } // end if...

} // end main...

} // end class...

I've just knocked this up quickly, so it would need tidying up (I'd suggest
allowing for a second string element, so you can specify the window to use).
However, I've just downloaded the Ostermiller jar file, compiled this class
and got it to open the URL I passed from the command line. It opened within
Internet Explorer. This was all done on my PC.

Cheers, and I hope this is of use.

Larry Ducie