Hello,
If you don't want to use indicator why not use program-to-system-field
parameter like this.

DDS Reference: Display Files Version 5.

DSPATR (Display Attribute) keyword for display files
The format for the keyword is one of the following:
DSPATR(attribute-1 [attribute-2 [attribute-3 [...]]])
or
DSPATR(&program-to-system-field);

The program-to-system-field parameter is required and specifies that the
named field must be defined in
the record format, alphanumeric (A in position 35), length of one, and
usage P (P in position 38). The
program uses this P-field to set the display attribute for the field this
DSPATR keyword applies to.

Example 3:
The following example shows how to specify the DSPATR keyword with P-field
usage:
A R RECORD 2DSPATR(&PFLD1);
A FLD1 5A 2 6DSPATR(&PFLD2);
A FLD2 5A 2 6DSPATR(&PFLD2);
A PFLD1 1A P
A PFLD2 1A P

             A                                      INDARA
     A                                      CA03(03 'EXIT')
     A          R GCO104001
     A            ATTR_FIELD     1A  P
     A            ATTR_CPR       1A  P
     A            E07CPR    R        B  5 20REFFLD(B07CPR *LIBL/GCB07P01)
     A                                      DSPATR(&ATTR_CPR)
     A            LIBCPR15      15A  O  5 28COLOR(WHT)
     A            E07ENS    R        B  6 20REFFLD(B07ENS *LIBL/GCB07P01)
     A                                      DSPATR(&ATTR_FIELD)
     A            LIBENS        30A  O  6 28COLOR(WHT)
     A                                 23  2'F3=Exit'
     A                                      COLOR(BLU)

FYAN1040FM CF   E             WORKSTN INDDS(DS_IND)
D* -----
D True            C                   *ON
D False           C                   *OFF
D* -----
D ND              C                   CONST( X'27'                        )
D PR_ND           C                   CONST( X'A7'                        )
D Normal          C                   CONST( X'20'                        )
D PR_Normal       C                   CONST( X'A0'                        )
D RI              C                   CONST( X'21'                        )
D PR_RI           C                   CONST( X'A1'                        )
D HI              C                   CONST( X'22'                        )
D HI_RI           C                   CONST( X'23'                        )
D PR_HI           C                   CONST( X'A2'                        )
D PR_HI_RI        C                   CONST( X'A3'                        )
D UL              C                   CONST( X'24'                        )
D UL_RI           C                   CONST( X'25'                        )
D UL_HI           C                   CONST( X'26'                        )
D PR_UL           C                   CONST( X'A4'                        )
D PR_UL_RI        C                   CONST( X'A5'                        )
D PR_UL_HI        C                   CONST( X'A6'                        )
D BL              C                   CONST( X'28'                        )
D BL_RI           C                   CONST( X'29'                        )
D BL_HI           C                   CONST( X'2A'                        )
D BL_HI_RI        C                   CONST( X'2B'                        )
D BL_UL           C                   CONST( X'2C'                        )
D BL_UL_RI        C                   CONST( X'2D'                        )
D BL_UL_HI        C                   CONST( X'2E'                        )
D PR_BL           C                   CONST( X'A8'                        )
D PR_BL_RI        C                   CONST( X'A9'                        )
D PR_BL_HI        C                   CONST( X'AA'                        )
D PR_BL_HI_RI     C                   CONST( X'AB'                        )
D PR_BL_UL        C                   CONST( X'AC'                        )
D PR_BL_UL_RI     C                   CONST( X'AD'                        )
D PR_BL_UL_HI     C                   CONST( X'AE'                        )
 *** COLORS ***
D White           C                   CONST( X'22'                        )
D White_UL        C                   CONST( X'26'                        )
D White_RI        C                   CONST( X'23'                        )
D White_RI_CS     C                   CONST( X'33'                        )
D PR_White        C                   CONST( X'A2'                        )
D PR_White_UL     C                   CONST( X'A6'                        )
D PR_White_RI     C                   CONST( X'A3'                        )
D PR_White_RI_CS  C                   CONST( X'B3'                        )
D Green           C                   CONST( X'20'                        )
D Green_RI        C                   CONST( X'21'                        )
D Green_UL        C                   CONST( X'24'                        )
D Green_UL_RI     C                   CONST( X'25'                        )
D PR_Green        C                   CONST( X'A0'                        )
D PR_Green_RI     C                   CONST( X'A1'                        )
D PR_Green_UL     C                   CONST( X'A4'                        )
D PR_Green_UL_RI  C                   CONST( X'A5'                        )
D Red             C                   CONST( X'28'                        )
D Red_RI          C                   CONST( X'29'                        )
D Red_HI          C                   CONST( X'2A'                        )
D Red_HI_RI       C                   CONST( X'2B'                        )
D Red_UL          C                   CONST( X'2C'                        )
D Red_UL_RI       C                   CONST( X'2D'                        )
D Red_UL_BL       C                   CONST( X'2E'                        )
D PR_Red          C                   CONST( X'A8'                        )
D PR_Red_RI       C                   CONST( X'A9'                        )
D PR_Red_HI       C                   CONST( X'AA'                        )
D PR_Red_HI_RI    C                   CONST( X'AB'                        )
D PR_Red_UL       C                   CONST( X'AC'                        )
D PR_Red_UL_RI    C                   CONST( X'AD'                        )
D PR_Red_UL_BL    C                   CONST( X'AE'                        )
D Turq_CS         C                   CONST( X'30'                        )
D Turq_CS_RI      C                   CONST( X'31'                        )
D Turq_UL_CS      C                   CONST( X'34'                        )
D Turq_UL_RI_CS   C                   CONST( X'35'                        )
D PR_Turq_CS      C                   CONST( X'B0'                        )
D PR_Turq_CS_RI   C                   CONST( X'B1'                        )
D PR_Turq_CS_UL   C                   CONST( X'B4'                        )
D PR_Turq_CSULRI  C                   CONST( X'B5'                        )
D Yellow_CS       C                   CONST( X'32'                        )
D Yellow_CS_UL    C                   CONST( X'36'                        )
D PR_Yellow_CS    C                   CONST( X'B2'                        )
D PR_Yellow_CSUL  C                   CONST( X'B6'                        )
D Pink            C                   CONST( X'38'                        )
D Pink_RI         C                   CONST( X'39'                        )
D Pink_UL         C                   CONST( X'3C'                        )
D Pink_UL_RI      C                   CONST( X'3D'                        )
D PR_Pink         C                   CONST( X'B8'                        )
D PR_Pink_RI      C                   CONST( X'B9'                        )
D PR_Pink_UL      C                   CONST( X'BC'                        )
D PR_Pink_UL_RI   C                   CONST( X'BD'                        )
D Blue            C                   CONST( X'3A'                        )
D Blue_RI         C                   CONST( X'3B'                        )
D Blue_UL         C                   CONST( X'3E'                        )
D PR_Blue         C                   CONST( X'BA'                        )
D PR_Blue_RI      C                   CONST( X'BB'                        )
D PR_Blue_UL      C                   CONST( X'BE'                        )
D* ---------      Redéfini Les Indicateurs Du Fichier.
DDS_IND           DS
D* ---------      Indicateur Fichier Ecran (Touche Fonction)
 D  F03Exit                3      3N
D  F04Recherche           4      4N
D  F05Validation          5      5N
D  F06Creation            6      6N
D  F12Precedent          12     12N
D* -----
D  ReactiverInd          94     94N
D  CreationInd           95     95N
D* ---------      Tableau Indicateurs Aves DS (Indicateurs Nommés)
D IndicatorP      S               *   INZ(%ADDR(*IN))
D Indicators      DS                  BASED(IndicatorP)
D   MessagMQIFnd         89     89

C                   DOW       F03Exit = False
C                   EVAL      ReactiverInd = True
C                   EVAL      CreationInd  = False
C                 EVAL     Attr_Field   = PR_Yellow_CSUL
C                 EVAL     Attr_Cpr     = Yellow_CS_UL
C                   EXFMT     GCO104001
C                   IF        F03Exit = True
C                   LEAVE
C                   ENDIF
C                   ENDDO
C                   EVAL      *INLR = True

Best regards.

Yannick.Jacqueline
Service Informatique
Tél : 02-31-66-46-69
E-Mail : yjacqueline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Visitez notre site Web à : http://www.guydegrenne.fr/

                    Barbara Morris

                    <bmorris@xxxxxxxxxx       Pour :  rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                    >                         cc :

                    Envoyé par :              Objet : Re: Indicators -- not
needed anymore???
                    rpg400-l-bounces@mi

                    drange.com

                    30/11/04 19:40

                    Veuillez répondre à

                    RPG programming on

                    the AS400 / iSeries

Andy Hautamaki wrote:

> Nobody is mentioning this one so maybe you can do this without an
indicator
> and I'm just missing the obvious.........
>
> On a display file you want to enable and disable a command key........
>
> 67                                  CF06

You can use an INDDS in your RPG program for this:

A                                      INDARA
A          R REC
A                                      CA03(03)
A  67                                  CF06(06)
A            FLD            1A     2  2
A  67                             23  2'F3=Exit F6=Shazzam!'
A N67                             23  2'F3=Exit'

Fjunkdsp   cf   e             workstn indds(dspInds)
D dspinds         ds
D   ca06                          n   overlay(dspinds : 3)
D   cf06                          n   overlay(dspinds : 6)
D   allowCf06                     n   overlay(dspinds : 67)
 ****** (Makes no difference if you seton *IN67)
C******             eval      *in67 = *on
C                   eval      allowCf06 = *off
C                   exfmt     rec
C     cf06          dsply
C                   eval      allowCf06 = *on
C                   exfmt     rec
C     cf06          dsply
C                   return

output (if I hit F6 when it says I can):
DSPLY  0
DSPLY  1