In populating a file with true date fields from another large file with
YYMMDD signed numeric date fields I find that my job log fills up with
RNX0112 messages (Date Not Valid) due to numerous Zero YYMMDD date values.
The severity on this message is 50 so I can't reasonably solve the problem
by changing the job's logging level.  A sample is a transaction void date
which usually contains zero.  I am getting around the problem by
specifically testing for a zero date in an IF statement, before checking
for generic date errors via the monitor clause as shown below.
      Is there a more elegant solution ?

Message ID . . . . . . :   RNX0112       Severity . . . . . . . :   50
Message type . . . . . :   Escape
Message . . . . :   Date, Time or Timestamp value is not valid.

if hdr_VoidDate = *zero;
   hdr2_vDateISO = d'0001-01-01';
else;
   monitor;
      hdr2_vDateISO = %date(hdr_VoidDate : *YMD);   // Transaction Date
*ISO
   on-error;
      hdr2_vDateISO = d'0001-01-01';       // default date
   endmon;
endif;

Thanks, Dave

David Keck
NBTY, Inc
Phone (631) 200-5809
DavidKeck@xxxxxxxx
Confidentiality Notice: This communication and attachments are intended for
the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named
above.  This communication and attachments are intended for the recipient
only.  If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient(s) or
agent of the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that you have
received this document in error, and that any use, review, distribution, or
copying of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited.  If you
immediately by replying to sender and deleting all copies of the
communication and attachments.  Although this E-mail and attachments  are
believed to be virus and defect free, it is the responsibility of the
recipient to ensure that the same are virus and defect free.  The sender
disclaims all responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of
this communication or attachment.Thank you.