When you use QCMDEXC the PSDS is updated with much of the message data.
See the exception data in the following:
     DMYPSDS          SDS
     D PROC_NAME         *PROC      * Procedure name
     D PGM               *PROC        Program name
     D PGM_STATUS        *STATUS      * Status code
     D PRV_STATUS             16     20S 0      * Previous status
     D LINE_NUM               21     28      * Src list line num
     D ROUTINE           *ROUTINE      * Routine name
     D PARMS             *PARMS      * Num passed parms
     D EXCP_MSG               40     46
     D EXCP_TYPE              40     42      * Exception type
     D EXCP_NUM               43     46      * Exception number
     D PGM_LIB                81     90      * Program library
     D EXCP_DATA              91    170      * Exception data
     D EXCP_ID               171    174      * Exception Id
     D PGM_DATE              191    198      * Date (*DATE fmt)
     D PGM_YEAR              199    200S 0      * Year (*YEAR fmt)
     D LAST_FILE             201    208      * Last file used
     D FILE_INFO             209    243      * File error info
     D JOB_NAME              244    253      * Job name
     D WSID                  244    253        Workstation ID
     D USER                  254    263      * User name
     D JOB_NUM               264    269S 0      * Job number
     D JOB_NUMA                       6A   overlay(JOB_NUM)      * Job
number, alpha
     D JOB_DATE              270    275S 0      * Date (UDATE fmt)
     D RUN_DATE              276    281S 0      * Run date (UDATE)
     D RUN_TIME              282    287S 0      * Run time (UDATE)
     D CRT_DATE              288    293      * Create date
     D CRT_TIME              294    299      * Create time
     D CPL_LEVEL             300    303      * Compiler level
     D SRC_FILE              304    313      * Source file
     D SRC_LIB               314    323      * Source file lib
     D SRC_MBR               324    333      * Source file mbr
     D PROC_PGM              334    343      * Pgm Proc is in
     D PROC_MOD              344    353      * Mod Proc is in

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

Matthew Gross <prrgg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
11/21/2004 02:51 PM
Please respond to

Midrange Post Questions Post <RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Receiving Messages

I have an issue I'm trying to solve, and I hope
someone would havve a solution:

>From an RPG program, reports are emailed via a thrid
party product, using QCMDEXEC.  I'm trying to retrieve
the message issued when executed, if successful or
not.  I call a CL program and do a RCVMSG and will
pass the message back to the RPG progrqam, but I can't
pick up the message I'm looking for. I've tried using
*EXT, *SAME and *PRV to no avail.  If I DSPJOB, I can
see it.

TIA for any help...

Matt G