I agree. Every language has its odd syntax and delimiters. That's like
cobol programmers complaining about the period.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark D. Walter
Senior Programmer/Analyst
CCX, Inc.
mwalter@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ccxinc.com

|         |           rob@xxxxxxxxx     |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           rpg400-l-bounces@m|
|         |           idrange.com       |
|         |           10/29/2004 09:40  |
|         |           AM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           RPG programming on|
|         |           the AS400 /       |
|         |           iSeries           |

<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                               |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  RE: /free vs Fixed (was: RPGIII to get a facelift?)

I don't have a problem with the semicolon either.  Anyone not using /free
mainly because of the semicolon is being petty.  And cutting their nose
off to spite their face.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/29/2004 07:48 AM
Please respond to

rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Fax to

Subject
RE: /free vs Fixed (was: RPGIII to get a facelift?)

I don't have a problem with the semicolon.  Granted, it's not consistent
with other languages and yes I do forget one here and there, but I don't
see
it as a big deal.

I think you have a very valid point on the multiple chain syntaxes.

Charles Wilt
iSeries Systems Administrator / Programmer
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America
ph: 513-573-4343