Bob,

I'm not at the /400 right now, but would this work (assuming atof was prototyped properly)?

 IntValue = AtoF( '123456+E4' )

 -mark

At 10/19/04 09:38 PM, you wrote:
Atof() should do it for you. Not sure what else you'll need.
What do you mean, can't get it to work?
-Bob

-----Original Message----- From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of M. Lazarus Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 7:52 PM To: RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx; RPGIV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: Converting from scientific to integer/decimal

  I have been playing around with converting a number scientific to integer
or decimal.  This is data that is coming from a spreadsheet and needs to be
processed as a number.  Since it can be a 12 digit number Excel
automatically converts it to scientific format.  (BTW, is there a way to
permanently turn off this behavior?)

  I have played w/ some of the RPG BIFs and the atof C API, but can't seem
to get it working.  Does anyone have some sample code that does this?  TIA.

-mark