See the reply I sent just a minute ago.  I don't think you'll need to build
a file.

Besides, if I'm calculating this correctly, you'd need 17,576,000 records to
contain every possible a#a#a# combination.

This hinges on my presumption made in my last post about:

> If you have the following input list:
>
> CITY1   T4A1A1
> CITY1   T4A1A2
> CITY1   T4A1A3
> CITY1   T4A1A4
> CITY1   T4A1A6
> CITY1   T4A1A7
> CITY1   T4A1A8
> CITY1   T4A1A9
>
> and these are the only valid zip codes for CITY1, and note
> that T4A1A5 is not on that list, nor is it a valid zip code
> (currently) for any other city, will your desired output be:
>
> CITY1     T4A1A1 - T4A1A4
> CITY1     T4A1A6 - T4A1A9

If, in fact, your desired output in this case is:

CITY1     T4A1A1 - T4A1A9

then, my pseudo-algorithm needs a little tweaking.