I would also add that it is probably an SEU limit.
Our workaround for that years ago was to set the resquencing option to
0.50 instead of 1 on the exit prompt.
Perhaps that would help in your case also.

HTH,

Dave Boettcher

>>> buck.calabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx 10/19/2004 11:32:29 AM >>>
Are you certain this is a compiler limit, or merely an SEU limit?  Try
copying the member to a PF.  Update it with DFU or your favourite file
utility and then copy it back to the srcpf.    You can also look into
storing it as a stream file instead of as a source member.  Code/400
doesn't have this limit if I recall.

Though I am less than a luminary, I would answer the 'just rewrite it'
folks with a simplistic question.
When faced with a monster program like that, how can you be SURE that
you haven't broken a connection between two very distant bits of code?
To modularise this beast you would pretty much have to start from
scratch.  Many times, these things aren't even written by people; they
are the output of 4GLs and the like, so that makes it even more
difficult.

It's really hard to go into a program like that, intending say to make
an array larger and add a few lines to check the index and find out
that you have to spend the rest of the week dismantling it because SEU
won't handle that many lines.

Personally, I agree that it would be better to have smaller programs,
but sometimes it isn't worth the trouble to take an old program there.
  --buck

list