What's odd is that date format is not a part of the job description.  But
the actual job date is.  I would have thought the opposite would have been
more useful.  You can control the job date format with:
- CHGJOB - coding required, but not too much.  Could be part of "Initial
program to call".  The display on WRKSYSVAL QDATFMT says that the job date
format does default from QDATFMT.
- wrksysval qdatfmt but that's a change them all sort of thing.
- lpar the box and continue to use different qdatfmt's
- really custom coding the applications and create a standard subprocedure
to determine date format to use for that particular
person/application/etc.
-   Submit a DCR to get job date format as part of the job description.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

"Forbes, Vincent" <Vincent.Forbes@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
10/07/2004 02:12 PM
Please respond to

"'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'" <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Fax to

Subject
System Date Problem

We are going to merge 2 development boxes into one & upon looking at the
system values, we found that one group has the system value QDATFMT "Date
format" set to MDY & the other has it set to YMD.

Is there a simple way {without changing all programs} to get around this?
In other word, when one application's RPG {LE} program uses QDATE, it gets
it in MDY format while the other application get it in YMD format.

Vincent Forbes
CIBC