Hi Jonathan;

No. Its to do with a display file. A user is in a maintenance program and
for whatever reason is inactive in that application for 'x' amount of time
and has a record locked. (Goes for coffee, lunch or whatever) In the
meanwhile other applications are trying to grab that record and are
repeatedly trying to access the record. (Record lock, retry, record lock
retry, etc etc)

So what I was trying to find out was a graceful way of unlocking the records
from the maintenance program.

Charles on a previous thread suggested I search the midrange archives and I
came across the article by Shannon O'Donnell where using the display file
and the 'INVITE' keyword and creating the display file with a 'WAITRCD' set
at a certain 'x' value. (Thanks Charles, I should always look to the
archives first before asking the question to the group, I bury my head in
shame)

Dan suggested using the data queue from an example that Scott Klement had
posted a few years ago. Thanks Dan, that was something that shows promise
and I'm going to experiment with that.

I apologize if I didn't explain my question/problem thoroughly enough.

Andy