From: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 12:57 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Key field info

Rob and Scott have tried, now I'll give it my shot....

The number of entries field isn't shown under the QUSLFLD API.

Instead, it has the following:

Format of the Generated List
The field list consists of:

-A user area
-A generic header
-An input parameter section
-A header section
The FLDL0100, FLDL0200, or FLDL0300 list data section
For details about the user area and generic header, see User space format
for list APIs.

Notice the "see User space format for list APIs".  Now when you following
that link you'll find detailed information about the user area and generic
header sections listed above.  Specifically, you'll see where the generic
header section contains the number of entries field at offset 184 (from the
start of the generic header).

Does that make sense?

Charles