All,

I am trying to perform the following ,

Any break messages that appear on the QSYSOPR message queue to be handled by
an external program. This program will display the message ID , 1st and 2nd
level text fields , as well as any previous replies this message has been
answered with before.

Ideally this program needs to run when the message is displayed on the
message queue.
Using CHGMSGQ I can add a Break handling program for the message queue.
Ideal I thought (and maybe it still is)

So to test this (I obviously did not want to test on QSYSOPR) I chose userA
, which has its own message queue called userA on the user profile. The
delivery method on the user profile was changed to *BREAK.
I have changed userA message queue to Delivery *BREAK and the Break program
to my new program.

On one screen I signed on as userA , and another screen signed on as userB
The next step was to send a message to userA from userB , to see if when the
break message broke on userA's screen , my program kicks in.

BUT,

When I send the message from userB to userA , the break message program runs
on userB's screen !!!

I am running a CL program on userB which simply runs

  SNDUSRMSG  MSGID(OPS0001) MSGF(AUTOPGMS/OPSMSGF) TOUSR(userA)

Anybody have any ideas where I am going wrong. I am pretty sure that I am
nearly there , just this last crucial step.

Regards

Steven Gray
Senior Analyst
ARVAL PHH

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning
Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit
http://www.mci.com