<Snip>
Trust me, I know.  It also reminds me of my 6-year old son who refuses to
eat some really good food because "it's yucky" (he can tell by the way it
looks).  After all, what could possibly beat peanut butter and jelly and
chicken nuggets?
<Snip>
I know exactly what you mean.  Exactly what you mean.

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
Tel: 709-576-8132
Email: rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/09/2004 03:39 PM
Please respond to

rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
RE: Where to send die-hard RPG III programmers?

They may not have a compelling reason to learn it now but there may come a
time when they do.  At that point they will have to:
1.  Hurry to catch up
2.  Have a harder time understanding the difficult things because they are
still mastering the basics
3.  Missed potential opportunities to use the new options because the old
stuff was good enough

Trust me, I know.  It also reminds me of my 6-year old son who refuses to
eat some really good food because "it's yucky" (he can tell by the way it
looks).  After all, what could possibly beat peanut butter and jelly and
chicken nuggets?

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                  To:
rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx@SMTP@CTB
                      rpg400-l-bounces@m        cc:       (bcc: David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      idrange.com               Subject:  RE: Where to
send die-hard RPG III programmers?

                      09/03/2004 12:17
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      RPG programming on
                      the AS400 /
                      iSeries
                      <rpg400-l@midrange
                      .com>

Keith,

I'd say 3,4,5, and 6 due to 3,4,5 ;-)  Of those, I feel 4 is the biggest.

Till recently, RPG IV was used here like RPG III.  They'd do CVTRPGSRC to
convert RPG III to RPG IV syntax, but it was still RPG III programming.
Even new development was RPG III using RPG IV syntax.

Everybody here now has some outside experience and knowledge of RPG IV
except the one who has been here 15+ yrs. So we've started to move
forward,
but we can't leave this guy behind.

Charles