 Hello I'm brand new to the list. I just graduated College and working at a
 small company programming on the As/400. Anyways. I have question. I looked
 through the archives and found something almost exactly like my question
but
 I can't get it to work properly.
 Here is the error I get
CALL PGM(mmblib/cpyfiles) PARM('AFB' 'AFBCAB' 'CABDETP' qntc/JAMAICA/TDRI
  VE/TRANLIB/CABS/AFB/TST.txt')
  String '          ' contains a character that is not valid.
   Error found on *N command.
   Errors occurred in command.
   Function check. CPF0006 unmonitored by CPYFILES at statement 0000000016,
     instruction X'0000'.
   The call to *LIBL/QCMDEXC ended in error (C G D F).
   The call to *LIBL/QCMDEXC ended in error (C G D F).
    Hitting F1 on      String '          ' contains a character that is not
valid
    Gives me this :

  Message ID . . . . . . :   CPD0018
  Date sent  . . . . . . :   08/13/04      Time sent  . . . . . . :
 13:02:01

  Message . . . . :   String '          ' contains a character that is not
    valid.

  Cause . . . . . :   The string contains a character that is only valid in
    quoted string or a comment.
  Recovery  . . . :   Remove the character that is not valid from string
    X'00000000000000000000', or if it is a parameter value, make the string
    quoted string. More information on valid characters can be found in the
 CL
    Reference manual.

 Now the code :

 D RunCmd PR EXTPGM('QCMDEXC')

 D 3000 CONST OPTIONS(*VARSIZE)

 D 15 5 CONST

 D CMD S 3000 VARYING

 D Client_Prm S 3A

 D ClientLib S 6A

 D FFILE_Prm s 10A

 D TFILE_Prm S 125A

 D apos S 4a INZ('''')

 D tab S 1A INZ(x'05')

 /free

 CMD='CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE('+Clientlib+'/'+%trim(FFILE_PRM)+

 ') TOSTMF('+%TRIM(TFILE_PRM)+') MBROPT(*REPLACE) +

 STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF) STRDLM(*NONE) +

 FLDDLM(X''05'')';

 RUNCMD(CMD:%LEN(CMD));

 *INLR=*ON;

 RETURN;

 BEGSR *INZSR;

 /end-free

 C *ENTRY PLIST

 C PARM CLIENT_Prm

 C PARM CLIENTLIB

 C PARM FFILE_PRM

 C PARM TFILE_PRM

 /free

 ENDSR;

 This program is going to copy a Tab delimited file from the Iseries to a
 server through the qntc gateway.  The parameters that are passed are Client
 (3 letter acronym for our client)  ClientLib( Libary on the as/400 for that
 client)  FFILE_PRM(File records are coming from) TFILE (Full path for copy
.
 This string is built in another rpg program It can be a max length of 110
 chars) and example of this is '/qntc/server/shareddrive/test.txt'

 Thanks for taking the time to read this . thanks for any info.
 Matt Beckler.