> From: Tom Jedrzejewicz
>
> I totally understand, but I was just asking if any attempt was made to
> rule any of those out as variables affecting the results.

Again, I ask you to come to the IAAI to help us do that.

Current results:

  1   Insert Test - Native I/O               1.77
  2   Insert Test - SQL-A (VALUES)           6.35
  3   Insert Test - SQL-B (SINGLE DS)        6.16
  4   Insert Test - SQL-C (10 ROWS)          1.11
  5   Insert Test - SQL-C (100 ROWS)          .43
  6   Update Test - Native I/O               1.61
  7   Update Test - SQL-A (CURSOR/FETCH)     4.95
  8   Update Test - SQL-B (UPDATE SINGLE)   11.61
  9   Update Test - SQL-C (10 ROWS)          5.25
 10   Update Test - SQL-C (100 ROWS)         2.34

In the update test, Native I/O beats all flavors of SQL pretty handily,
even updating 100 rows at a time.  Again, these are highly preliminary
tests, and if you don't like them, COME HELP FIX THEM!

http://forums.plutabrothers.com/IAAI

Joe

P.S. Something ugly: adding just ONE extra logical view caused the
native I/O write to slow down a ton.  From .3 seconds to 1.77 seconds.
It had a milder, but still negative, effect on the SQL as well.