So Eduard if I MOVE a 11,4 number like 1234567.8901 into a 10,4 field
wouldn't I get 234567.8901?  And you boss wouldn't mind the dropping of
$1,000,000?  I'd like to know the boss who that $1,000,000 was 'old
fashioned' and not needed.

Rob Berendt
--
Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073

|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|
|   Eduard Sluis              |                                           |
|   <eduard@implemented-system|                                           |
|   s.com>                    |                                         To|
|   Sent by:                  |                                 RPG       |
|   rpg400-l-bounces@midrange.|                                 programmin|
|   com                       |                                 g on the  |
|                             |                                 AS400 /   |
|   07/25/2004 11:33 AM       |                                 iSeries   |
|                             |                                 <rpg400-l@|
|         Please respond to   |                                 midrange.c|
|      RPG programming on the |                                 om>       |
|          AS400 / iSeries    |                                         cc|
|      <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>|                                           |
|                             |                                    Subject|
|                             |                                 Re: The   |
|                             |                                 target for|
|                             |                                 a numeric |
|                             |                                 operation |
|                             |                                 is too    |
|                             |                                 small to  |
|                             |                                 hold      |
|                             |                                 the       |
|                             |                                  resul t  |
|                             |                                 (C G D F) |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|                             |                                           |
|-----------------------------+-------------------------------------------|

Hi,

Ok, I know, I'm old fashioned.
I just use 'MOVE'  (and have no problems).

Regards,
Eduard.

Scott Klement <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Ted,

> I have a similar situation where I have two different database fields.
> The result field is 10, 4 and the other is 11,4. Obviously too small,
> but what if you don't want to go around changing all of the database
> fields? Is there a routine anyone knows of to handle getting the result
> you want without having to change the db?

Are you asking for a routine that will allow you to fit an 11-digit number
into a 10-digit field? If so, there's no routine for that...

If not, what would you like to happen when you try to assign an 11-digit
number to a 10-digit field? I'm not clear on what the desired result is.