On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 18:44, daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> So your usage is kind of like that of libraries?  You segregate accounting
> from ERP, etc. in libraries so you segregate by application function for
> binding directories?  If so, I can understand and accept that.  Based on
> what had been discussed I thought you and Buck were advocating a single
> binding directory for all of the "usable" service programs (regardless of
> function) vs. separate binding directories for "temporary junk" that are
> used as modules are being developed.

I've never advocated one binding directory.  One binding directory per
application.  Then, if a particular program in that application needs to
interface with another application I can always include the other
binding directory, but at that point it is a concious choice as opposed
to a default availability.

> Could it be that you create service programs of modules that are
> application specific (accounting, ERP, etc.) and have separate binding
> directories by that application because there is no logical application
> overlap?

I like to group like procedures together into service programs, so I may
have dozens of service programs for one application.  In fact, with my
encapsualtion approach I have one service program per file as well.
These service programs are what get grouped together in an application
binding directory.

> Don't worry, I'll get it one of these days.  :)

No problem :-)

Joel
http://www.rpgnext.com