And if ROT13 encryption is not strong enough to hide our data, we can just
run it twice! ;)

-----Original Message-----
From: RPower@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:RPower@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 09, 2004 1:32 PM
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: ROT13 Translator

After asking James Rich what the little bit of text under his signature
was I was told it's ROT13 encryption.  Being in the middle of a project
that has me drove crazy I decided to sidetrack and write a program to do
the same.  Figured I'd share the source with all.

Display file ROT13SC:
     A*%%TS  SD  20040709  142436  RPOWER      REL-V5R2M0  5722-WDS
     A*%%EC
     A                                      DSPSIZ(24 80 *DS3)
     A          R ROT13PM
     A*%%TS  SD  20040709  142436  RPOWER      REL-V5R2M0  5722-WDS
     A                                      CF03
     A                                  1 32'ROT 13 Translator'
     A                                      DSPATR(HI)
     A                                  3 17'Enter Message To Translate To
Rot -
     A                                      13 Encryption'
     A                                      DSPATR(HI)
     A                                  4 22'Or Enter Encrypted Message To
Decr-
     A                                      ypt'
     A                                      DSPATR(HI)
     A            INPUT        240A  B  5  1
     A                                 10 37'Results'
     A                                      DSPATR(HI)
     A            OUTPUT       240A  O 11  1DSPATR(UL)
     A                                 23  3'F3=Exit'
     A                                      COLOR(BLU)

RPGLE Program ROT13:
     ?
*---------------------------------------------------------------------
     ?* Program Name: ROT13
     ?* Written By  : Ron Power
     ?* Date Written: July 9, 2004
     ?* Purpose     : Translate phrase using ROT13 encryption
     ?
*---------------------------------------------------------------------
     ?* Program Information
     ?* -------------------
     ?* Indicators Used
     ?* -------------------
     ?* XX - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
     ?* KC - F3 - Exit Program
     ?* 26 - Used in lookup opcode
     ?
*---------------------------------------------------------------------
     h Dftname(Rot13) Datedit(*Ymd) Option(*SrcStmt : *NoDebugIO)
     ?*-Define
Files------------------------------------------------------------------
      * Display file
     fRot13sc   cf   e             workstn
     ?*-Define tables and
arrays------------------------------------------------------
     d tabin           s              1    dim(26) ctdata perrcd(1) ascend
     d tabout          s              1    dim(26) alt(tabin)
     ?* Input field parsing array
     d Input_Array     s              1    dim(240)
     ?* Output field parsing array
     d Output_Array    s              1    dim(240)
     ?*-Define stand alone
fields-----------------------------------------------------
     d x               s              3  0
     d Char            s              1
     ?*-Mainline
processing-----------------------------------------------------------
     c                   DoU       *Inkc
     c                   Exfmt     Rot13pm
     ?* F3 pressed terminate program
     c                   If        *Inkc
     c                   Eval      *Inlr = *On
     c                   Return
     c                   EndIf
     c                   Movea     Input         Input_Array
     ?* Translate entered message using ROT13
     c                   Do        240           x
     c                   Eval      Char = Input_Array(x)
     c     Char          Lookup    Tabin         Tabout
26
     c                   If        *In26
     c                   Eval      Output_Array(x) = Tabout
     c                   Else
     c                   Eval      Output_Array(x) = Input_Array(x)
     c                   EndIf
     c                   EndDo
     c                   Movea     Output_Array  Output
     c                   EndDo
**
AN
BO