> Corporate edict:  We use SEU. Period.

Do the programmers prefer it that way, or is there an outcry at being
forced by management to use only the least useful editor available?  I
once had an informal challenge with a colleague to see just how poor
SEU is.  He used SEU and I used Notepad to make the exact same changes
to separate copies of the same program.  Yes, Windows Notepad.
Including the time it took to FTP the source member back and forth to
the 400, I got done with the changes before my colleague, and I am a
poor typist..  With Code/400 I am even faster, mostly because I can
quickly shrink the program down to a skeleton view and open multiple
windows on the code (like F spec, D spec, C spec mainline and
procedure section) all at the same time so that I can simultaneously
edit multiple sections of code without having to write down line
numbers to jump between.
  --buck