Here is another approach that I have used before.

Thanks
George Amaya

 * Column
D columns         DS                  Dim( 6 ) Qualified
D  @priceData                     *

 * Cost & Price
D rows            DS                  Dim( 5 ) Qualified
D                                     Based( @rows )
D  cost                         20  3
D  price                        20  3

D idx             S              5U 0
D idy             S              5U 0

 * The Cost and The Price
D  theCost        S             20  3
D  thePrice       S             20  3

 /Free

    // Set Each Column
    For  idx = 1 To 6;
        // Create Space
        @rows = %Alloc( %Size( rows ) * 5 );

        // Set Each Row
        For idy = 1 to 5;

            rows( idy ).cost  = idy;
            rows( idy ).price = idy * idx;

        EndFor;

        // Save Space
        columns( idx ).@priceData = @rows;

    EndFor;

    // Retrieve Column 3, Row 2
    @rows    = columns( 3 ).@priceData;
    theCost  = rows( 2 ).cost;
    thePrice = rows( 2 ).price;

    *InLr = *On;

 /End-Free

>>> RPower@xxxxxxxxxx 7/5/2004 11:43:45 AM >>>

Nevermind, I think I found my answer.  I should use an occur correct?
Kinda like this:

       Col    Col    Col    Col    Col    Col
        1      2      3      4      5      6
Cost
Price

Cost
Price

Cost
Price

Cost
Price

Cost
Price

* Value Array By Column
DD1COLS           DS                  OCCURS(6) INZ
D  COST                         20  3 DIM(5)
D  PRICE                        20  3 DIM(5)
*
.
.
.
*
* Set D1COLS Cost(3,2) to 50 and Price(3,2) to 100
     3             OCCUR       D1COLS
                   EVAL        COST(2) = 50
                   EVAL        PRICE(2) = 100

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
Tel: 709-576-8132
Email: rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.
-
Sir Winston Churchill

This OutBound email has been scanned for Viruses
list