Just got back from vacation and noticed this thread.  A little late with
my response but I just had the exact same issue.  I wanted a two column
subfile to act like a two column selection where the cursor went down the
left side first then down the right side.  I did this by specifying
SFLCSRPRG on the input capable field of the subfile.  It will keep the
cursor moving down the left side column, then the right when tab or field
exit is pressed.  Sample:

A          R SPLGUDS3                  SFL
A*%%TS  SD  20040614  120755  RPOWER      REL-V5R2M0  5722-WDS
A            SF3OPC         1A  B 15  2
A                                      SFLCSRPRG
A            SF3CAS        30A  O 15  4
A            SF3OPR         1A  B 15 38
A                                      SFLCSRPRG
A            SF3REM        30A  O 15 40

HTH, sorry for late reply.

Ron Power
Programmer
Information Services
City Of St. John's, NL
P.O. Box 908
St. John's, NL
A1C 5M2
Tel: 709-576-8132
Email: rpower@xxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://www.stjohns.ca/
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm. -
Sir Winston Churchill

T.Bryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
06/21/2004 08:29 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: SFL Cursor Progression

I fixed this problem by specifying CHGINPDFT(FE) so that use must field
exit.
The user can just use the arrow keys to move the cursor down the column.
Not ideal but satisfactory solution.

Troy Bryant
Analyst Programmer
Patrick Autocare.
Phone: +61 03 9926 9913
Fax: +61 03 9926 9977
Mobile: +61 0408 397 333
T.Bryant@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      "James H. H.
                      Lampert"                  To:       RPG programming
on the AS400 / iSeries <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      <jamesl@xxxxxxxxxx        cc:
                      m>                        Subject:  Re: SFL Cursor
Progression
                      Sent by:
                      rpg400-l-bounces@m
                      idrange.com

                      22/06/2004 12:12
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      RPG programming on
                      the AS400 /
                      iSeries

CWilt@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Not quite following what you are asking.
>
> If you've only got one input capable field.  The cursor should simply
move
> down the column.
>
> Is this not the case?

Just because he has only one input capable field per subfile record
doesn't necessarily mean that he only has one subfile record per screen
row.

About the only way I can think of to make this work as desired would be
to (1) use a terminal or emulator that allows you to control cursor
progression, and (2) completely ignore the operating system's subfile
support, and either build a regular display file record to simulate
subfiles with cursor progression, or do your screen writes entirely in
user-defined mode (big pain in the equus asinius).

--
James H. H. Lampert
Professional Dilettante

Help America's Passenger Trains. http://www.saveamtrak.org