From: Darren McBride [mailto:darren.mcbride@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: woensdag 23 juni 2004 16:00
To: 'RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries'
Subject: Testing a TCP/IP RPG application

Folks,

I have written a set of programs for the AS/400 and the PC that enables RPG
applications to read PC databases, control Outlook/Word/Excel, browse to web
pages etc. So from a 5250 screen for example, users can press an F-key and
Word will popup with a predefined template with data from the AS/400 or you
can send an email via Exchange from an RPG program. This are small examples
of how it can be used.

The problem is that it is working fine in two sites, and I have sent it to
two other sites for evaluation. In the new sites under evaluation, the
communication of data between the AS/400 and the PC does not work and I do
not have access to their AS/400's. I have asked all the relevant questions
(is TCP/IP started, what are the network addresses etc.) and all the answers
appear fine. The PC simply does not receive the information from the AS/400
that the RPG programs is sending using the sockets API. I don't know what
minimum TCP/IP configuration on the AS/400 is required to make it work
(*DFTROUTE in a routing table or something).

Is there anyone out there with their own AS/400 or with a test AS/400 that
would be willing to take a copy of my programs and test it under different
TCP/IP configurations (or at least tell me the minimum of what is required).
I can assure you that the programs will not destroy or damage anything on
you and a single library is all that is required on the AS/400.

In return for this gracious favour I can either pay a small reward, make a
dontation to the charity of their choice or give them a worldwide licence of
the software to use in their/their clients company for free (how's about
that then!!).

All I need to find out is what is required with this damned thing to make it
work on an ethernet network in any AS/400 site.

I would ask that people reply to me privately so as not to clog up the
midrange lists.

Many thanks in advance,
Darren