Plus you get the undying gratitude and admiration from the rest of us.  :)
You guys do give me something to aspire to.

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S.  Thanks for doing the socket tutorial Scott!  I'm learning a lot from
it!

                      Scott Klement

                      <rpg400-l@scottkl        To:       RPG programming on the
AS400 / iSeries
                      ement.com>
<rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB
                                               cc:       (bcc: David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      06/23/2004 10:56         Subject:  RE: Time for a new
"Sorcerer's Guide"? (was RE:
                      AM                        DTAARA keyword, IN opcode, and
sub-procedure)
                      Please respond to

                      RPG programming

                      on the AS400 /

                      iSeries

                      <rpg400-l@midrang

                      e.com>

Hi,

> But since IBM pays ZERO Dollars to have you spend your dedicated time
> (often two week or more) writing a Red book for them, I doubt that I'll
> be working on it, what would be the point/benefit?

Hmmm... what is the point/benefit of writing responses in this forum?

I know that I've written a few free tutorials and put them on my web site,
and I've never regretted it.   I love receiving e-mails from people who
are thrilled with my site and have been able to accomplish things that
they otherwise wouldn't have been able to do.

I would think that having the opportunity to do the same thing while
getting the kind of exposure that IBM can provide for you would be a great
thing.

Though, I suppose you've gotta sleep sometime... :)