From: craigs@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:craigs@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 1:39 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ICF file error "transmission end" during read

Does anyone know what might cause a "Transmission end received from device
<device> for file <ICF file> in <library>"?
More details: " A BSC transmission end sequence  was received from
device...".
Technical description: Error resource name <line>, hardware error code
92080000.... Hardware error code 92080000, 93880000.

I was trying to receive a file from a bank and I received this error during
the read of the ICF file.  Somehow it corrupted and deleted the file from
the bank.  Luckily this was basically a clone of an old version that I
copied and converted to RPGLE.  So, the bank just set the file back out
there and we ran the old version and it received fine.
The new version is for switching between FTP and modem easily.  Just call a
different string of programs with similar names.  From what I can tell from
the statement number, it dialed fine, logged on fine, but then errored
during receival of the file (read RCVDATA with Lo ind=98 and Eq ind=99).
In the ICF file, RCVDATA record is defined with RCVFLD 500 and record
keywords RCVTRNRND(81) TEXT('RECEIVE RECORD').
I compared old and new ICF file descriptions (with DSPFD), old and new
programs, etc and I do not see any differences.
I still do the OVRICFF FILE(<file>) ACQPGMDEV(<device>) LVLCHK(*NO).
Then OVRICFDEVE PGMDEV(<device>) RMTLOCNAME(<rmtloc>) CMNTYPE(*BSCEL)
FMTSLT(*PGM) BLOCK(*DEVD) BLKLEN(*DEVD) TRNSPY(*DEVD) DTACPR(*DEVD)
RMTBSCEL(*NO) INLCNN(*DIAL).
Then two VRYCFG for *LIN and *CTL to STATUS(*ON).

I cannot see anything that has changed or that may be hardcoded.  The FTP
test works fine but I still want to have modem as a backup.  I am waiting
to be able to test on the bank's development system as I am scared to
affect production data.  I'm not sure if we could setup a test on our
development system or not.  Any ideas about this problem?

Thanks!
Craig Strong