I reworded my question:

Does anyone know why the program doesn't see the changed field after F10 is
pressed for the first scenario?

Thanks,

Frank

fkany@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@midrange.com on 06/07/2004 05:23:28 PM

Please respond to RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
       <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by:    rpg400-l-bounces+fkany=averittexpress.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx

To:    RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:

Subject:    Data On Screen Not being saved

Hello,

I have a screen that's not functioning the way I want it to function.
Here's what happens:

If a user enters data into a screen and presses F10=Save Changes, the data
isn't saved into the Physical File.

In debug, I checked the value of a field I changed after the EXFMT opcode
and the field is blank.

If a user enters data into a screen and presses Enter, a window pops up
asking the user to press F10 to save the changes or to just hit Enter again
to exit.  If the user chooses F10, the data is saved.  If they just press
Enter, the data isn't saved.

Does anyone know why is this could be happening?

Thanks,

Frank