We are in the process of working with service programs. It was my
understanding if you were to change the code within a service program
that the ile program using this service program would benefit from the
new changes and not have to be recompiled and rebound to the service
program and that you only need to recompile the ile program if you
changed the connection points within the service program or added new
modules to it and wanted to use them.

Right now if I make a simple service program and place it in a bind
directory and use CRTBNDRPG and put in the bind directory which contains
the service program it all works fine. The service program will always
return the value 'A' now if I change the service program to return the
value 'B' and perform a update service program the main ile program that
uses this service program will still return a 'A' until I recompile the
ile program.  Its like it is doing a bind by copy on the service
program. This does not seem correct. Any ideas why I have to recompile
the ILE to get the new 'B' value.

Bruce Odum

bodum@xxxxxxxxxxxx

(423) 510-3821